Warming up with chili is my favorite way to pass the time in the winter! I’m a sucker for a big pot of chili to get me through the week.
- 2lb Ground Beef
- 1 Diced Yellow Onion
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Jalapeno’s 1 Diced, 1 whole
- Salt & Pepper
- 32-64oz of Tomato Juice (I like mine with more juice, but others enjoy theirs thicker)
- 2 cans of Chili Beans
- 2 cans of Drained Black Beans or equivalent in Black Turtle Beans
- 2T Ames Chili Champ Seasoning Divided (available in-store)
- 1T Chili Powder
- 2t Cumin
- 1t Garlic Salt
- 1t Cayenne Pepper
- 1t Paprika
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt for serving
- In a large pan, add a drizzle of Olive Oil, the diced onion, and the minced garlic and the diced jalapeno. Cook until fragrant then add the ground beef and season with salt & pepper, cook until browned. Once the ground beef is cooked through add in 1/2T of the Chili Seasoning and Stir.
- To the same pot, add in all four cans of beans, and your desired amount of tomato juice. Stir.
- Add in the remaining seasonings and the whole jalapeno and stir. Simmer on medium/low for 20minutes stirring occasionally – I always taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Slowly stir in the shredded cheddar cheese. Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt and ENJOY!
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On January 7, 2022
- 0 Comments