Four Ingredient Carbonara
Wow, I’ve been OBSESSED with Carbonara since I was a kid and always thought it was a labor of love that had to take hours because it was so darn good! Little did I know my favorite pasta is insanely easy to make and only requires four ingredients which can all be purchased at the Creamery or added to your next Home Delivery!
- ~1 pound of Bacon
- 6 Eggs
- 1 bag of Parmesan Garlic Fusilli
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt + Pepper
- In a pan cook your bacon until crispy. While the bacon is cooking, add 4 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs to a medium bowl with salt, pepper, and your parmesan cheese and whisk until combined.
- Bring a pot of SALTED water to a boil don’t forget the salt and cook the pasta according to the directions. Don’t drain your pasta water.
- Take your bacon out of the pan you cooked it in and set it aside leaving the fat drippings. Slowly add a ladle full of your salty pasta water to the egg mixture and stir. This helps the eggs warm up but not scramble when you add them to the pasta.
- Next, add a ladle full of your salty pasta water to the pan of bacon drippings – you can then drain the rest of the water from the noodles and add them to the same pan and stir until coated.
- Slowly add in your egg, parmesan, and water mixture into the pan with your noodles and stir until the sauce is nice and creamy. Add your crumbled bacon to the pot and stir until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle with a touch more parmesan serve & ENJOY!
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On May 18, 2022
- 0 Comments