These Christmas cookie bars are even sweeter than a Christmas cookie, but even easier to make!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Mix butter and brown sugar with a stand or a hand mixer until crumbly. Mix in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in salt, baking powder, then flour. Stir in M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Spread in prepared pan. The mixture is wet so itʼs best to spray your hands with cooking spray and then smooth the dough with your hands to get an even layer. Top with remaining mix-ins
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes until they start to turn golden. Err on the side of under baked with these – theyʼll finish baking as the cool and you donʼt want them over baked. Slice into bars.
- Enjoy with Dan and Debbie’s farm fresh milk, or a scoop of Dan and Debbie’s handcrafted ice cream! Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to a month.
- When you cook these bars, you will pull them out of the oven before they are completely done cooking. This allows the bars to continue to cook in the pan while they are cooking. Because of this, the type of pan you use matters. We used a metal 9×13-inch pan to bake these because metal conducts heat more evenly. If you use a glass pan it will take longer to heat up, causing the bars to over bake on the outside and be under done in the center. So we recommend you use metal instead of glass.
- You can make these for any holiday, not just Christmas! Just alter the color of the M&M’s and sprinkles to reflect the holiday.
- Posted by Elizabeth Uthoff
- On December 1, 2023
- 0 Comments