Grilled Cheese BLT
I used to HATE tomatoes and never would’ve chosen to eat or make a BLT. But, in November while first getting the new barn up and running, Josie made us all BLT’s and I mentally prepared myself for what I thought I was sure to hate but was going to have to choke down. Instead, my life was forever changed. I am now a BLT lover and have since made my own fair share of BLT’s. Here’s my cheesy go to take on the classic.
- Sliced Sourdough Bread
- Shredded Aged Cheddar Cheese – I have tried this with all five of our cheddars and each one is delicious and unique
- Sliced Tomato
- Spring Mix or Lettuce
- Edgewood Bacon
- Salt and Pepper
Directions: (I cook these as two separate sides and then combine at the end)
- Butter and toast one side of each piece of bread then remove from heat.
- For the first piece, butter the side of bread you didn’t toast and put mayo on the side you did toast – place the butter side down and cover with cheese and place two slices of bacon on top.
- On the other piece of bread butter the side you didn’t toast and place the butter side down, cover with cheese and place two slices of tomato on top then season with salt and pepper.
- Once the cheese is melted on both pieces of bread remove from heat place some spring mix on the tomato and stack as a sandwich. ENJOY!
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On July 16, 2021
- 0 Comments