Farmhouse Cheddar Biscuits
These biscuits are perfectly cheesy, garlicky, and yummy! Served warm they’re like pillows of mouthwatering deliciousness. What I love is that I always have all of these ingredients on hand at home for whenever I last minute decide that I want a warm pillow of cheese!
- 3/4 cups Butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 ½ t salt, divided
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups Farmhouse Cheddar Shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Sprinkle of Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425oF. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat ½ cup butter until melted, about 45 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pour the milk and the melted butter over the dry mixture and stir until just combined, making sure not to overmix. Fold in shredded cheese.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, making about ten biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, melt the remaining butter in a small bowl. Add and mix parsley, chili flakes if desired, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- When biscuits are removed from the oven, immediately and generously brush with the butter mixture. ENJOY!
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On October 15, 2021
- 0 Comments