Baked Cornmeal Chicken
Crispy, flavorful, delish chicken thighs without a layer of grease… does it get better?
- 1.5 Pounds Chicken Thighs (skin removed)
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 t Dried Parsley
- 3/4 t Garlic Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Onion Powder
- 1/2 t Dried Thyme
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 1 cup Buttermilk (Pro Tip: At Home Buttermilk = 1T White Vinegar, topped with Milk until 1 Cup)
- 2T Butter Melted
- Preheat your oven to 375 and lightly grease a 13×9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine all of your dry ingredients.
- In a separate smaller bowl, I like to use a pie pan with edges add your buttermilk.
- Dip your chicken thighs one at a time into the buttermilk making sure that buttermilk is coated everywhere.
- Place your chicken in your dry mixture and coat every inch of your chicken and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Pop the chicken into the oven and bake. After 10 minutes has passed pull your chicken out and drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Return your chicken to the oven and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes until the juices run clear. Serve hot and ENJOY!
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On November 12, 2021
- 0 Comments