Ever wonder how bakery muffins always taste so good? Well, we’ve got a recipe for you! Try these deliciously soft and sweet chocolate chip muffins. Perfect for snack time and breakfast time!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Dan and Debbie’s Salted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- ¾ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup mini chocolate chips, or your favorite variety
- coarse/decorating sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425F degrees and butter or line a 12 cavity muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
- Turn off your mixer, scrape down the sides & fold in the sour cream and buttermilk.
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture until almost combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill your muffin tins to the very top (about a generous ⅓ cup). Optionally sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips and coarse sugar.
- Then bake at 425F degrees for 5 minutes. Turn down the oven to 375F degrees and continue baking for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Posted by Elizabeth Uthoff
- On September 21, 2023
- 0 Comments