Looking for a super simple addition to your taco Tuesday or your next gathering? Try this easy white queso made with just a few wholesome ingredients. It’s so creamy, you’ll be going in for a double dip!
- 16 oz Monterey Jack cheese cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Dan and Debbie’s Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 oz canned green chiles chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp Mexican oregano or original oregano, crushed
- 1 plum tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 2 tbsp queso fresco crumbled
- Add heavy cream to a saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Add cheeses to pan and stir until completely melted.
- Add green chiles, cumin and oregano. Stir thoroughly to combine. If too thick, thin with some more cream or milk to desired consistency.
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with diced tomatoes, jalapenos and crumbled queso fresco, if desired. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Posted by Elizabeth Uthoff
- On October 6, 2023
- 0 Comments